Sunday, February 1, 2009

An AD I find interesting

I found this ad very interesting. It's a Japanese ad for Google Chrome. I think the design aesthetics are great. Wooden toys and alternative parenting is so "hip" these days and this ad plays on that trend. In the past few months I have seen countless magazines, blogs and websites dedicated to alternative parenting popping up. Google took the tech look out of their commercial to illustrate a point. 
They used the very basic POG game format to illustrate the simple nature of using Chrome. Its easy, fast and fun! Perhaps pepsi should have consulted with Google on how to "bring the humanity back", because I think google was fairly successful with this ad. I think they are trying to appeal to the bloggers and the younger web users. I personally like the ad, but hey, I am probably who they are marketing to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment