Wednesday, February 6, 2013

M&Ms Commercial


This M&Ms commercial is an example of an advertisement using the "ongoing characters and celebrities" format. Not only has M&Ms consistently used their candies as characters in many of their advertisements, in this commercial they added a celebrity as well, Naya Rivera. I feel that using ongoing characters in advertisements appeals to the consumer because it is recognizable and consistent. "A recurring character or celebrity association helps cement the brand's identity into the viewers memory." When I watched this commercial I did not find it to be extraordinarily funny or original although immediately after seeing the M&M character "Red" I recognized the brand and associated it with some of their commercials I had seen previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment